in

Cervelo Cyclist Looses Life in Accident

Last post 04-12-2012 6:37 PM by David. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-11-2012 4:06 PM

Cervelo Cyclist Looses Life in Accident

This is such a sad story and I just can’t imagine going out this way:  

http://www.tauntongazette.com/newsnow/x1170668760/Bicyclist-dead-after-Rehoboth-crash  

The story doesn’t explicitly say, but I infer it was a failure of the Wolf fork that was recalled.   If that is the case, I wonder why he was still riding on it?  Did he not know?  Possibly he knew but simply preferred the fork he had.

• 04-11-2012 7:20 PM In reply to

Re: Cervelo Cyclist Looses Life in Accident

Oh my. I can only guess he didn't know. Perhaps a second hand owner.
  • 04-11-2012 8:24 PM In reply to

• webmaster
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-01-2007
    • Mount Livingroom, Toronto, ON - Canada
    • Posts 188

We were deeply saddened today to learn about the cycling accident in Rehoboth, Massachusetts that claimed the life of a cyclist on Monday afternoon. As riders and members of the cycling community, we are greatly concerned about any accident that threatens a rider’s life or well-being. Though we currently have a very limited amount of information about the incident, we want to extend our sincere condolences to the gentleman’s family and friends.

Matt.
    webmaster@cervelo.com
    www.cervelo.com
  • 04-11-2012 8:49 PM In reply to

Sad story indeed.  One of cyclists' worst nightmares.  RIP.

2011 R3 - BBright

www.beyondtheforum.com

A ride event for Cervélo and all cycling enthusiasts, stay tuned.

• 04-12-2012 3:03 AM In reply to

Inaugural Beyond the Forum Participant - 2014

'08 SLT (RIP)
    '10 R3 (RIP)
    '12 R3 Team - SRAM Red
  • 04-12-2012 6:33 AM In reply to

More info: http://www.thesunchronicle.com/articles/2012/04/12/news/11324388.txt
  • 04-12-2012 2:33 PM In reply to

goodshot:

Anyone from the other two areas mentioned in this rather thin news piece that could supply links to those stories?  Such a tragedy that either he didn't heed the recall or if he bought the bike second hand the previous owner didn't.

Jens Voigt doesn't complain about what suffering does to him, but suffering constantly complains about getting picked on by Jens Voigt.
  • 04-12-2012 3:34 PM In reply to

Picture of him with a his bike posted in another forum. Not a Wolf fork in the picture. Therefore not subject to the recall
    Cervelo S3 2011, 6.6kg with lots of bling
  • 04-12-2012 4:45 PM In reply to

Interesting. The article I linked to said the model he was riding was subject to a recall. It appears this report may be in error.
  • 04-12-2012 4:45 PM In reply to

Whatever the cause I am very sad to read this and he went doing what he obviously loved. Rest in peace fellow cyclist.

2011 S2, Dura-ace Di2 build
  • 04-12-2012 6:37 PM In reply to

• David
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-13-2007
    • Toronto
    • Posts 196

Hello All,

There has been considerable speculation in the media the last few days about potential causes of this tragic accident. These include the fork, wheel separation, and collision with another vehicle. We have been in contact with the authorities involved in investigating this crash and are awaiting information from them. We do not have any confirmed details at this time that would shed more light on what happened Monday afternoon. It would be inappropriate for us to speculate on the incident, as we are sure everyone appreciates, as there is a police investigation underway to determine the cause of the accident. 

We take our commitment to engineer the best and safest products possible very seriously.  At this point we need to respect the process that is underway, and we will support this effort in whatever way possible. Our thoughts continue to be with Mr. Lanoue’s family and friends.

I can be reached by Private Message on this forum if there are any questions.  I will do my best to answer. 

David Byer, Cervélo
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Copyright © 2007-2013 Cervélo Cycles Inc. All rights reserved.