in

Front der braze-on crack

Last post 05-21-2013 10:05 AM by racewatcher. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-24-2013 9:22 AM

Front der braze-on crack

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with cervelo warranty process with this. Submitted claim through LBS and waiting on reply from cervelo. Do they attempt a repair or just replace the entire frame. Bike is a 2010 r3sl. Bottom rivet has come loose, not completely out of the frame though. Mount is loose and does not allow the derailleur to work correctly. Thanks for all of your input. Can't post picture for some reason.
  • 02-02-2013 9:45 PM In reply to

Re: Front der braze-on crack

How did it turn out? I just did mine on the weekend. Same lower rivet on the FD braze mount. Looks like its just a simple 'put in another 2c rivet and she will be right mate' job to get me back on the road.
  • 05-17-2013 8:48 PM In reply to

did you ever get this resolved? i just had the rivets of my front derailleur mount fail on a simple downshift, and had the frame sent back to cervelo, but i have not heard anything back from the bike shop or cervelo about it.

• 05-18-2013 8:26 AM In reply to

No warranty. Comes under 'wear and tear'. I just ride mine with 1x10 for the last few months. Its been fixed a number of times by a pro mechanic but just kept snapping off and was dangerous so I have just left it off. Bought a 2013 Giant TCR Advanced SL ISP. Lighter and WAY stiffer in the bb and steering. Cervelo are a great bike but overpriced and poor warranty in my experience.
  • 05-18-2013 10:17 AM In reply to

A fellow brought a S2or S3 into the bike shop here to say the front derailer need adjusting, there was a crack where the derailleur mounts. Cervello sent him an S5 frame as the model he had was discontinued. He is happy!
  • 05-20-2013 3:32 AM In reply to

He must have had some connections or very very lucky lol!
  • 05-20-2013 8:07 AM In reply to

• rmerka
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2012
    • Texas Hill Country
    • Posts 1,421

Durianrider:
    He must have had some connections or very very lucky lol!

Or it could just be possible that he talked to his dealer prior to jacking with the bike and invalidating the warranty. Maybe...
    2012 R5
    2012 S5
    2014 S3 My son's bike now!
    My Ti bike

Had a fantastic time at --> COR!!!
  • 05-20-2013 8:37 AM In reply to

Durianrider:
    No warranty. Comes under 'wear and tear'. I just ride mine with 1x10 for the last few months. Its been fixed a number of times by a pro mechanic but just kept snapping off and was dangerous so I have just left it off. Bought a 2013 Giant TCR Advanced SL ISP. Lighter and WAY stiffer in the bb and steering. Cervelo are a great bike but overpriced and poor warranty in my experience.
    Please give the full story this was something YOU tried to fix rather then take it to the shop for a warranty from the get go! The fault lies 100 % on you and not Cervelo so before you come online and start tossing out half truths and attempting to make a company look bad try to remember that the are people here that have no issues calling you out on it and give the TRUTH Cheers
    2011 S3
    2011 R3 (Warrantied)
    2014 R3
    Garmin 800(RIP)
    Garmin 1000
    2014 Beyond the Forum Rider
  • 05-20-2013 8:38 AM In reply to

Must be a s3 as he got the s5 back and that is more like cervelo then what some people are trying to pass as the truth
    2011 S3
    2011 R3 (Warrantied)
    2014 R3
    Garmin 800(RIP)
    Garmin 1000
  • 05-20-2013 9:51 PM In reply to

Um how would you know what happened mate? Can you see the photo? Read other peoples experiences. Failing Cervelos happen all the time. Some get warranty, most don't. If you don't ride hard then you should be alright though. I actually ride my bike vs have it in the room getting polished every day by the housemaid. ;) Not hat'n.Just say'n.
  • 05-21-2013 9:51 AM In reply to

Durianrider:
    Um how would you know what happened mate? Can you see the photo? Read other peoples experiences. Failing Cervelos happen all the time. Some get warranty, most don't. If you don't ride hard then you should be alright though. I actually ride my bike vs have it in the room getting polished every day by the housemaid. ;) Not hat'n.Just say'n.
    again post the whole story about your attempted fix jobs.... and I am sure one of us can shoot you down with the warranty wordings it would be quite easy... and how would I know? you posted it.... and we all read it..... but really thanks for coming out.........
    2011 S3
    2011 R3 (Warrantied)
    2014 R3
    Garmin 800(RIP)
    Garmin 1000
  • 05-21-2013 10:05 AM In reply to

• racewatcher
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-09-2011
    • Newfoundland and Labrador
    • Posts 215

I'd like to see how the OP made out with this. I just noticed that the paint is cracked all around the FD mount on my 2010 S2, and there is a bit of movement on the FD. Nothing serious yet, but I'm going to show it to my dealer and see what he says.
    racewatcher
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Copyright © 2007-2013 Cervélo Cycles Inc. All rights reserved.