in

Just a note - FSA will no longer be producing BBright Cranksets

Last post 03-23-2014 11:33 AM by Schiener. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-17-2014 6:14 PM

Just a note - FSA will no longer be producing BBright Cranksets

Hi folks,

Just a note for all of us Cervelo lovers, I have been in communication with FSA to understand crankset upgrade options (from my original stock Gossamer) and they informed me that FSA discontinued BBright cranks due to demand.  You better buy now if you were considering an upgrade.

Regards,

Jeff

• 03-17-2014 9:45 PM In reply to

Re: Just a note - FSA will no longer be producing BBright Cranksets

I've got a bbright FSA crank for sale if anyone wants one! It came off an R3 2013.
    2013 R3 Sram Red/Rotor 3D+
    2012 S5 Sram Red/Rotor 3D+

DA C24 9000 Wheelset
  • 03-18-2014 3:48 AM In reply to

• GT1
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-26-2008
    • Posts 934

what version have you got for sale, SL-K or K Force Light ?

Compact, Standard, crank arm length ? 

• 03-18-2014 7:46 AM In reply to

stock FSA Gossamer BBright BB30 compact 172.5mm. $65
    2013 R3 Sram Red/Rotor 3D+
    2012 S5 Sram Red/Rotor 3D+

DA C24 9000 Wheelset
  • 03-18-2014 12:49 PM In reply to

Hi guys,

A number of websites have pretty good prices for the KFL and SL-K at this point.  Bikesonline.com's pricing is very good for the KFL if anyone is interested.

Jeff

• 03-20-2014 8:36 PM In reply to

jefeprimo:

Hi folks,

Just a note for all of us Cervelo lovers, I have been in communication with FSA to understand crankset upgrade options (from my original stock Gossamer) and they informed me that FSA discontinued BBright cranks due to demand.  You better buy now if you were considering an upgrade.

No biggie, an FSA BB386EVO crankset will bolt just fine on a BBright frame with the correct drive side spacer and non-drive side spacers/small parts (thin .5mm washers/shim and wave-spring washer)  Sure, it will look funny with 386EVO branding on a BBright frame, but simply by the numbers, it will fit. 

Think of a 386EVO crank as if it had the same or near identical dimensions as Sram's BB30 S900/S950, BB30 S975, Quarq, Elsa, Riken Power Meters, BB30 Sram Force 22.  The spindle is long enough to accomodate BBright's 79mm BB shell.  The key is choosing the appropriate spacers/small parts to the job.

It's almost like BH and FSA should thank Cervelo for letting them analyze and dissect BBright in order to create their own similar, yet slightly different standard BB system.  ( BBright = 79mm BB386EVO = 86.5mm )

• 03-21-2014 12:14 PM In reply to

Agreed and thanks for the details.

• 03-23-2014 11:33 AM In reply to

Hey Everyone!

I work at Velo Mine in Springfield, IL.  We just bought the remaining stock of K-Force Light & SL-K Light carbon BBRight Cranks from FSA.  If you want to knock about a pound off of your Gossamer-equipped bike, now is the time!  These are all brand new, in the original packaging.  The K-Force is the best deal because it has the ceramic BB included.  The SL-K also has the bottom bracket included , but it's the standard steel bearing (non-ceramic) bottom bracket.  We have them listed on eBay right now, K-Force is at $374.99 - weight is 535g/596g (compact 110bcd/std 130bcd), SL-K is at $299.99 (weight is 620g on our electronic scale).  All of the popular crank lengths & chainring combos are currently available, but once the supply is gone, that's it.  These are all 10 speed chainring equipped, we have good feedback that riders are using these just fine on 11 speed drivetrains, but we have FSA 11 speed chainrings available for an upcharge, which varies.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2007-2013 Cervélo Cycles Inc. All rights reserved.