in

Thoughts on new Cervelo site (2016)?

Last post 01-24-2016 4:55 PM by goodboyr. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-20-2016 3:01 PM

• rmerka
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-19-2012
    • Texas Hill Country
    • Posts 1,421

Thoughts on new Cervelo site (2016)?

I think it looks nice and fresh, easy to navigate.  More info on the R3d would be nice :)

Overall Good Job David!

2012 R5
    2012 S5
    2014 S3 My son's bike now!
    My Ti bike

Had a fantastic time at --> COR!!!
  • 01-20-2016 3:08 PM In reply to

• David
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-13-2007
    • Toronto
    • Posts 234

Re: Thoughts on new Cervelo site (2016)?

Thanks rmerka! This is just phase 1 - trying to make info a little easier to find. It will continue to grow and develop with time.

We would love to hear what everyone else thinks of it. Especially our forum users!
    David Byer
    S5 R5 T1
  • 01-20-2016 3:30 PM In reply to

Yes David nice, looks new and fresh, with great ease of navigation.

• 01-20-2016 4:03 PM In reply to

• apwndwest
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-11-2014
    • Vancouver, British Columbia
    • Posts 275

David,

Random synapse firing after looking at your site.

1. Good start!
    2. Use some video and audio - Dimension Data team saying how great the bikes and Cervello is. (Cavendish!) Same thing from the GB Track team.
    3. I don't know if Phil is around but it might help if there is an video message from him talking for 15-20 seconds on the core philosophy of Cervelo.
    4. I know there is Facebook, Youtube etc but the site in itself needs some multimedia sizzle. Its got great foundations on usability and data but I think you can do more. Ask the marketing group what you want the experience to be. My take is that you have world class bikes/technology leadership that help people achieve fantastic things personally. I should be excited by things looking at the Cervelo site yet I feel the site is designed by engineers for an advanced technical buyer.
    5. People buy now on line. All research is done on line. Its a very powerful shift and I know you know this but the Cervelo site IMO should have all the stuff you have now plus "something" that says I need a Cervelo because thats the bike thats gonna help me be the best rider I can be.
    6. Sounds corny but I can tell you thats why I bought my cervelo. I was not planning to buy a new road bike, just walked into Caps to get an old beater fixed. Did not know much about bikes and saw the Cervelo and associated it with speed and technology and even better I could afford it. Bought my R3 on the spot. Best fastest lightest most advanced bike and technology for the money. There was almost a cult like status especially around the tri bikes and how high the percentage was for Cervelo at Kona.

Anyhow you asked so there you go.

2014 R3 (Hills bike)
    2012 Roubaix SL3 (Endurance bike)
  • 01-20-2016 6:28 PM In reply to

Hi David,

the structure of the new layout is easy to adopt for me. Reading like a simulated first time visitor the content maybe appears a little bit like a magazine about light and fast bikes and riders who had chosen them. One row with Cervélo bike model pictures plus initial information they are build by this engineering company would be in good tradition that people with enthusiasm keep on rocking and push boundaries with some industry leading know how right here ..

Not top of the list for everyone but really nice for long time customers and story tellers are the history models on the support sites. The pictures got small for a closer look and clicking them does not show a bigger one but downloads a standard user manual pdf file yet only.

Cheers
    Hanno
    ___/\___/\___/\___ the surfboard of the Kurpfalz is the road bike .. oSo >> Older, and faster, on my S5 ..
  • 01-21-2016 8:44 AM In reply to

• Don
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-24-2014
    • Kansas City, Mo
    • Posts 338

sausskross:
    Hi David,

The pictures got small for a closer look and clicking them does not show a bigger .

Cheers
    Hanno
    I felt the same way... In fact I think the resolution of the closer look was not as good.

I enjoy having MSRP listed for the models. It gives a way to explore the differences. I would like to know the MSRP on the New R3D

I do like the feel of thee new site.

I see that there are things you are catching... Yesterday... RCA Spec's took you to a S5 link. Today the RCA Spec only list a 48 and 51 frame size.... I ride a 51 so I am good! As I look back.... Empty link... Your people must be working on it!

Good luck with the new site!

2015 COR participant
    2015 S3 Sram Red 11 Speed
    2015 R2 Sram Red 11 Speed
    2013 P5 Dura Ace Di2 11 Speed
    2009 S1 Sram Red 10 speed (sold)
  • 01-22-2016 7:29 PM In reply to

David:
    Thanks rmerka! This is just phase 1 - trying to make info a little easier to find. It will continue to grow and develop with time.

We would love to hear what everyone else thinks of it. Especially our forum users!
    I prefer the original lettering style of cervelo. The block looking style just says something different. I hope that block style isn't going onto the bikes.
  • 01-23-2016 10:58 AM In reply to

I have not found Cervelo dealers within easy striking distance that sell the Cervelo branded Castelli kits.  It would be great if we could order clothing through the website.

My own two cents.....sites can look very slick, but not be user friendly.  I often feel that websites are changed around to look good, but are not easy to navigate, they freeze up, etc., etc.  Keep things simple, user friendly, full of information and high-res photos; and of course keep the forum; and you will have a great site.

• 01-23-2016 11:11 AM In reply to

• Don
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-24-2014
    • Kansas City, Mo
    • Posts 338

NYCPrynne:

I have not found Cervelo dealers within easy striking distance that sell the Cervelo branded Castelli kits.  It would be great if we could order clothing through the website.

Yes it would!
    2015 COR participant
    2015 S3 Sram Red 11 Speed
    2015 R2 Sram Red 11 Speed
    2013 P5 Dura Ace Di2 11 Speed
    2009 S1 Sram Red 10 speed (sold)
  • 01-24-2016 4:55 PM In reply to

• goodboyr
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-16-2007
    • Thornhill, Ontario
    • Posts 966

"Future proof cable stop kit" shows picture of seat clamp kit instead.
    Bobbo
    2015 COR
    '06 R3, Fully Internal Dura Ace 7970, Zipp 303FC Clinchers
    S5 Team, Ultegra Di2, Zipp 101
    RCA 56cm, Dura Ace 9070, Zipp 404 FC Tubbies

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Copyright © 2007-2013 Cervélo Cycles Inc. All rights reserved.