in

Upgrades to my new S2

Last post 03-19-2017 2:32 PM by Thomas Kolmodin. 18 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-29-2017 5:45 PM In reply to

• Allanj
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-24-2014
    • Edinburgh, Scotland
    • Posts 39

Re: Upgrades to my new S2

Thomas Kolmodin:
    Well as you say the jets is a bit on the expensive side. The Ardennes i found but they're $1500, but that would be at about the same level as the Swiss Sides. Might be interesting. About the power meter i think that the Rotor would make me able to use more of my existing Rotor crank set, hence a lower cost. The aim with having it isn't to analyse it in detail after each training round. Just to see the level of work put in and to be able to find the sweet spot where you can be for a long time and off course to see improvements over time. How about a hub based PM? I realize it's not ideal if you're swtching wheels all the time but i've been offered a pair of wheels with a Power Tap hub PM at a very good price. The draw back with it is that it's a 10 speed hub but i've learnt that you can use a Edco Monoblock cassette that will make the 10 speed hub 11 speed. Any comments on that? Offcourse it being a 10 speed wheel is affecting the price heavily. /Thomas

Sorry, I didn't realise you had the Rotor crankset already, I thought the S2 had the FSA Gossamer. I don't know much about the hubs other than that they are good powermeters, being 10 speed it must be relatively old?. Obviously it determines your wheel choice, I guess a wheel builder could put the rim of your choice on it. The EDCO block isn't cheap but would make it work. Tempting for a good price! What are you looking for in the wheels- weight loss or aero?

• 01-29-2017 5:56 PM In reply to

• Allanj
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-24-2014
    • Edinburgh, Scotland
    • Posts 39

Thomas Kolmodin:
    Nice looking bike:) What size is it and what size are you. I have a 58 with the stearer slammed to the stearing head and a 10cm drop which makes it a very comfortable ride even when in attacking mode. You have a bit to do there even if the drop seems to be similar to mine. Well as I don't have a FSA chain set it's not upgradeable.

Sorry, these posts seem to be appearing out of order!

I'm glad you like the bike, I love it- the black frame is a warranty replacement, I had the white before and am getting used to the change.

It's a 58cm, I'm 192cm, stem as low as my flexibility allows (maybe even a little lower than it should be, for vanity!).  

• 03-19-2017 7:42 AM In reply to

• Allanj
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-24-2014
    • Edinburgh, Scotland
    • Posts 39

So what did you do in the end?
  • 03-19-2017 2:32 PM In reply to

Actually I've still not decided other than that I probably won't fit a power meter to the bike this year, at least not right now. Regarding wheels I'm undecided, I'm leaning towards Fulcrum wheels, namely Racing Quattro Carbons. They are reasonable in price at about €1200, full carbon, 40mm high and 1450g in weight. They seem to be a good choise, all concerned. I'm not to sure about the carbon break surface though. As the season hasn't really started yet and I wouldn't use the the first weeks of the season anyway since the roads aren't that nice during April. So I have some time to finally decide still.
Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2
Copyright © 2007-2013 Cervélo Cycles Inc. All rights reserved.