in

Everesting! Has anyone every attempted it?

Last post 03-17-2017 9:46 PM by Kronan. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-17-2017 1:45 PM

Everesting! Has anyone every attempted it?

Hey team, as the title states just curious if anyone has tried it. I will making an attempt this year it will be for a cause near and dear to me but wanted to know if anyone has given one a go. I know for sure that in Canada there has been very few only 1 that I know of possibly 3 including my attempt.

But I will share info as it becomes available,  would love some company for a few of the reps and some general encouragement its going to be a long day... but I am way too determined to fail !

Share questions, thoughts, or ideas... anything that may help up make this great

2011 S3
    2011 R3 (Warrantied)
    2014 R3
    Garmin 800(RIP)
    Garmin 1000
    2014 Beyond the Forum Rider
  • 03-17-2017 1:49 PM In reply to

• Pagey
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-14-2010
    • Posts 35

Re: Everesting! Has anyone every attempted it?

I've done 3. It definitely becomes a mental battle as riding up and down the same stretch of road is amazingly mind numbing lol. The best way through is having other riders join you every now and then, particularly in the later stages, as this gives you some distraction. Good luck with it #Hells500
    cheers
    Pagey
  • 03-17-2017 2:02 PM In reply to

Pagey:
    I've done 3. It definitely becomes a mental battle as riding up and down the same stretch of road is amazingly mind numbing lol. The best way through is having other riders join you every now and then, particularly in the later stages, as this gives you some distraction. Good luck with it #Hells500

It will be hells 500 registered I want my sticker lol  how long did it take you ?
    2011 S3
    2011 R3 (Warrantied)
    2014 R3
    Garmin 800(RIP)
    Garmin 1000
  • 03-17-2017 2:07 PM In reply to

• Kronan
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-15-2012
    • Alberta, Canada
    • Posts 284

I know someone in Calgary who has completed it (don't think he has a Cervelo, though)....person I know from the Ride to Conquer Cancer. He ended up taking most of the day (17.5 hrs) going up and down the Tuscany Hill 161 times and it was 361 km horizontally for his climb. He did over 9000m just to be sure he got it done.

Where are you located? I'd join in support if I am anywhere near you.I am also willing to get you any advice I can (or get you in touch with the guy I know who did it).

'12 Cervelo S2 (full Chorus, upgraded bars, saddle, wheels and tires)
    '09 Knolly Delirium T (frame up custom)
    '?? Mercury road bike
    '06 Gary Fisher Cake 2DLX (signed frame)
  • 03-17-2017 2:21 PM In reply to

Kronan:

I know someone in Calgary who has completed it (don't think he has a Cervelo, though)....person I know from the Ride to Conquer Cancer. He ended up taking most of the day (17.5 hrs) going up and down the Tuscany Hill 161 times and it was 361 km horizontally for his climb. He did over 9000m just to be sure he got it done.

Where are you located? I'd join in support if I am anywhere near you.I am also willing to get you any advice I can (or get you in touch with the guy I know who did it).

Hey buddy,

I am in Ontario, and yes were looking at 18hours to get it done.  Roughly the same numbers you quoted there.

2011 S3
    2011 R3 (Warrantied)
    2014 R3
    Garmin 800(RIP)
    Garmin 1000
  • 03-17-2017 2:21 PM In reply to

Kronan:

Hey buddy,

I am in Ontario, and yes were looking at 18hours to get it done.  Roughly the same numbers you quoted there.

2011 S3
    2011 R3 (Warrantied)
    2014 R3
    Garmin 800(RIP)
    Garmin 1000
  • 03-17-2017 9:46 PM In reply to

• Kronan
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-15-2012
    • Alberta, Canada
    • Posts 284

Ok...might not be able to be there to help out with some laps then (it's a long ride from Alberta to meet up). I'll still be sending good vibes your way the day of.

Let me know if you want me to put you in touch with Nigel :)

'12 Cervelo S2 (full Chorus, upgraded bars, saddle, wheels and tires)
    '09 Knolly Delirium T (frame up custom)
    '?? Mercury road bike
    '06 Gary Fisher Cake 2DLX (signed frame)
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2007-2013 Cervélo Cycles Inc. All rights reserved.