in

Ride Death Valley & Vegas

Last post 05-08-2017 7:32 AM by cawright1375. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-06-2017 5:22 PM

Ride Death Valley & Vegas

Hello cyclists! First week of June I am planning to do solo ride through Death Valley from Panamint Springs to Furnace Creek (55 mi) or to Death Valley Junction (85.4 mi) only if I have energy left from heat wave. I would love to hear your experience road cycling through Death Valley in the past, do you have any tips for me? I am planning to start at 6am, it will be 80 degrees warm to 120 in late afternoon. I always carry tubes with me, but tire? Should I carry extra tire? Two water bottle are enough or should I use camelpak ? After Death Valley, I will be staying in Vegas for 4 days, and I heard Red Rock canyon is great spot for cyclists, what else in Vegas should I check out? Thanks in advance.
    -2014 Cervélo S3 Ultegra Di2
    -Garmin Edge 1000 Performance Bundle
    -Shimano D-Fly Wireless Di2 Transmitter
    -2014 Beyond the Forum Participant
  • 05-06-2017 10:36 PM In reply to

Re: Ride Death Valley & Vegas

In the dry heat a 750ml water bottle will last max 1 hour! After 20min without water you will get noticeable dry, even in normal conditions feeling this means drinking is too late. Prepare your skin with aloe vera the night before and with sun blocker skin can breath with before riding. Keep your head cool, stay extra save for all mishaps .. prepare an emergency number that works in time!
    ___▲___▲___▲___ the surfboard of the Kurpfalz is the road bike .. oSo >>
  • 05-08-2017 7:32 AM In reply to

Re: Ride Death Valley & Vegas

A recent episode of the Vinnie Tortorich podcast interviewed the organizer of the endurance cycling events that until recently went through Death Valley. I think it was the something 502 or some such name. Sorry I can't be more specific. But you can look Vinnie up via iTunes or vinnietortorich.com and look for the podcast I am talking about.
    Jens Voigt doesn't complain about what suffering does to him, but suffering constantly complains about getting picked on by Jens Voigt.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2007-2013 Cervélo Cycles Inc. All rights reserved.