in

guy selling "new" cervelo R5 frames on ebay - is this okay?

Last post 05-12-2017 12:39 AM by Rideurbike. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-09-2017 10:40 AM

guy selling "new" cervelo R5 frames on ebay - is this okay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/352049393536 I asked the guy if there's a warranty, he basically said "no". He said he bought from an authorized Cervelo dealer, inventory that they can't move and sells it below MSRP. His words: "There is nothing that says I can't sell a new cervelo frame on eBay. I guarantee it's authenticity as I know where I got it from, look at our feedback. I buy inventory from shops that isn't moving. In the bike business most manufacturers claim they will not honor warranties unless purchased from an authorized dealer (and authorized dealers are not allowed to sell on eBay especially below MSRP.) So you as a buyer take that risk when purchasing on eBay and get a discount because of that. But us at Radicalvelo stand behind the authenticity of the products we sell." He says this is OK but I'd be surprised if it's okay with Cervelo as they are fairly strict about controlling their new equipment being sold. He says it was built up and never ridden and they tore it down to sell it. I personally will never buy it because there is no guarantee it wasn't ridden and that there isn't a problem that Cervelo will not honor. My main problem with this is he is representing this as "NEW" when it's not new, it should be sold as used. Is there a way to report this to Cervelo, I'd think if it's against their policy they should have ebay cancel the auction. Bob
  • 05-09-2017 8:19 PM In reply to

• bw987
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-19-2015
    • Posts 10

Re: guy selling "new" cervelo R5 frames on ebay - is this okay?

The auction actually says "New Other" and in my opinion the seller has accurately described the item. And I don't think Cervelo, in any fashion, can or should tell Ebay how to run their business.
    2015 R3
  • 05-09-2017 11:43 PM In reply to

To me "new" means warranty, there's no warranty with this. There's no guarantee the frame wasn't built up and ridden before, regardless of what they say. The sale deal is "no returns" also. No frame number offered either. I'd never buy it personally and it doesn't look like anyone else is either at that price. Thanks for your response. I left a message for Cervelo, it's up to them, to say Cervelo can't tell eBay how to run their business is probably right.. but this is more on their authorized dealer that sold it to the person selling it on eBay.
  • 05-10-2017 9:50 AM In reply to

Ask to see pic of serial number.

• 05-11-2017 4:42 PM In reply to

Looks like a good deal to me. I don't see what the problem is or why you'd get your panties in a wad over it. Seems like a lot of negative energy to invest in someone else's matters. Personally I'd never pay retail for a bike.
    2011 Cervélo RS - SRAM Rival22
    2013 Cervélo R3 - SRAM Red
    2015 Felt F1X - SRAM Force CX1
    2015 Surly Ice Cream Truck
    2017 BMC Fourstroke01 - Shimano XT
  • 05-11-2017 6:12 PM In reply to

Legit question .. which I already got a response from Cervelo. Only neg energy I see is from you sally .. Keep your panties on since they seem to fit you perfectly. For that matter, bid on it since its such a great deal. I know 4 guys with R5s 2 of them have had serious BB issues with BBright that had them replaced under warranty.
  • 05-11-2017 11:02 PM In reply to

I think he means new as never been sold. Cervelo has no say what can and cannot be sold on ebay. There reply will be only buy from a authorized dealer to garentte a original frame and not a copy
  • 05-12-2017 12:21 AM In reply to

I guess you told me. There's certainly no negative energy coming from you. 😂
    2011 Cervélo RS - SRAM Rival22
    2013 Cervélo R3 - SRAM Red
    2015 Felt F1X - SRAM Force CX1
    2015 Surly Ice Cream Truck
    2017 BMC Fourstroke01 - Shimano XT
  • 05-12-2017 12:39 AM In reply to

Ohh no it not negative energy. Long ago I when - lived over seas I contacted Cervelo. About copy frames being sold. And that's basically the answer they sent me. For the ebay frame ask for serial number. And try to look it up on cervelo website. Try regersting the frame. Other then that. It just buyer beware. Sometimes lucky sometime not. But no negative energy
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Copyright © 2007-2013 Cervélo Cycles Inc. All rights reserved.