in

Cable Too Tight??

Last post 09-18-2017 7:38 AM by Rob1519. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-11-2017 7:12 AM

Cable Too Tight??

Yesterday I was recabling my S5 and had gotten the brakes all sorted and the cable routed through the frame without removing the BB. When following the Art's Cyclery video on You Tube to adjust my SRAM RD, I initially had success with the first half of the video, i.e. getting the small cog (11t) adjusted. But when it came time to get it into the big cog (28t) I just could not get it up there. And then after resetting to zero multiple times I couldn't get the chain above the 12 or 13 tooth cog. A drive & drop-off to a LBS because I gave up allowed me to reflect on what might have gone wrong. And the only thing I can think of, was that when I reset everything to zero and started over, the only thing I didn't do was loosen the cable tension via anchor bolt. I put the chain in the small cog, big ring per the video, turned the barrel adjuster all the way to loosen it, i.e. clockwise, but I didn't loosen the cable via the bolt and kept trying to tighten it there. So could that have been the cause of my problems?
    Jens Voigt doesn't complain about what suffering does to him, but suffering constantly complains about getting picked on by Jens Voigt.
  • 09-11-2017 9:59 PM In reply to

Re: Cable Too Tight??

Was the cable fully released from the shifter when you started?

2009 Cervelo S2
  • 09-12-2017 6:47 AM In reply to

Rob1519:

Was the cable fully released from the shifter when you started?

The cable was properly installed in the shifter and seated. Not sure what you mean by fully released...
    Jens Voigt doesn't complain about what suffering does to him, but suffering constantly complains about getting picked on by Jens Voigt.
  • 09-18-2017 7:38 AM In reply to

Was the shifter paddle single clicked enough times to fully release the cable so the DR would be on the smallest cog?
    2009 Cervelo S2
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2007-2013 Cervélo Cycles Inc. All rights reserved.