in

At what point do you get a power meter?

Last post 11-18-2017 7:15 AM by apwndwest. 31 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-11-2017 5:16 PM In reply to

• RChung
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-14-2015
    • Posts 3

Re: At what point do you get a power meter?

Races (even friendly races) are won by the fastest rider, and the stopwatch or the finish line or the city limit sign doesn't care whether you got faster because of more power, or smarter tactics, or less drag. If you or your coach knows what you're doing, a power meter can help you with all three of those, not just the first. Training FTP is one of the least demanding uses of a PM, not the only use of a PM. If a coach is concerned that his or her riders aren't using a PM properly, they should either cover up the display or else have the rider stick it in a pocket, but continue to use it as a data recorder. That way the coach can still get the information. 

• 11-18-2017 7:15 AM In reply to

• apwndwest
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-11-2014
    • Vancouver, British Columbia
    • Posts 261

Re: At what point do you get a power meter?

The mental image of what you put here has tears coming down my face I am laughing so hard. BTW I ended up buying a Wahoo Kickr. Now I have power for the winter and a whole new set of training options which I find pretty cool. This also means will have to get a PM when the outdoor season starts in the spring
    peislc:

Gurk700:
    Day 1. Day 1 is when :)

yes absolutely Day 1 every neo nate child should be given a power meter along with their huggies gift prior to leaving the hospital! we need to get them young while they are still open minded and impressionable to join the power meter cult! ;-)

2014 R3 (Hills bike)
    2012 Roubaix SL3 (Endurance bike)
Page 3 of 3 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Copyright © 2007-2013 Cervélo Cycles Inc. All rights reserved.