in

Cervelo R2 chainstay paint crack/chip--warranty?

Last post 05-03-2018 8:08 PM by Rideurbike. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-24-2018 12:34 AM

Cervelo R2 chainstay paint crack/chip--warranty?

Hi Guys, I have a 2015 Cervelo R2 and I take very good care of it, all servicing done at my local bike shop where I bought it from (Cervelo dealer). On the recent pick up of my latest tune up for spring, they informed me of a crack/paint chip around the lower chain stay on my frame. I had no idea how it happened, the only thing I could have thought of was my bike on the trainer for Zwift. But I never go hard or stand up, more to just spin for exercise during the winter. Anyone else out there experiencing this crack/chip with their R2 frame? I talked to another fellow on a local buy/sell, he told me his R2 suffered the exact same problem when I sent him the pictures below, but his crack/chip area was closer to the middle of the chain stay and ended up getting a warranty frame, an R3. Image below: https://imgur.com/a/9hRXQfb What would you suggest I do? Ask my shop to file a warranty claim with Cervelo? If this is a widespread issue, then I really hope to get this addressed. Your thoughts are kindly appreciated. Thanks.
  • 04-24-2018 12:53 PM In reply to

• Kookie
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2012
    • Toronto
    • Posts 418

Re: Cervelo R2 chainstay paint crack/chip--warranty?

Won't hurt to take it to a Cervelo dealer but to me (look at the picture) it looks like a crack, warranty. Is the carbon cracked?
    2013 Cervelo R5 SRAM Red
    2017 Cervelo S5 SRAM eTap
    2018 Cervelo R5 Classics Edition Limited Frameset
  • 04-24-2018 1:20 PM In reply to

It does look like a crack to me as well. As for the carbon, it doesn't appear to be cracked by looking at it? What's the best way to tell?
  • 04-24-2018 1:33 PM In reply to

• jakes
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-05-2014
    • Posts 45

Hey CyclingGD, I would have one of our shops take a look at it and submit a warranty claim. Our team here can look it over to make sure whether its safe to ride or needs to be replaced. Cheers,
    Jakub Macel
    Digital Communication Advocate
    Cervelo
  • 04-28-2018 12:46 AM In reply to

Hi guys, I'm happy to report that Cervelo warrantied my frame, after my local dealer submitted a claim. I'm a happy camper right now, thanks Cervelo :)
  • 05-03-2018 8:08 PM In reply to

Paint chips are not coverd under warranty. And damage cause buy using a trainer are also not covered
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2007-2013 Cervélo Cycles Inc. All rights reserved.