in

Help identifying an early aluminum frame with 4 digit serial

Last post 05-25-2018 6:46 PM by escot. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-24-2018 9:23 PM

• escot
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-23-2018
    • SF
    • Posts 2

Help identifying an early aluminum frame with 4 digit serial

I recently bought an aluminum cervelo frame and seat post and am having a really tough time identifying the year and model. The primary bit of confusion is that the serial number appears to be 4 digits (all numbers) -- 1086. And it is located on the inner side of the left drop out.

Heres a link to the entire photo album

Here is the mysterious serial number on the inside of the left stay

I would love to build this bike up because I think its a very beautiful and interesting frame. Any help would be greatly appreciated beause this will be my first major build from the ground up! Primarily I need to figure out what fork and stem to get. I belive the bike is old enough that it is a 1inch fork.

Specs that I've measured:
    • Head tube length: 130mm
    • rear-center: 380mm
    • The head tube isn't tapered at all at either end

Identifying marks:
    • Inner side of the left dropout has this number stamped: 1086
    • Beneath the bottom bracket is a plastic piece that has a letter/number in each corner (pictured): HC 001 56 D
    • Silver/metalic paint job with cervelo decals. I assume it is not the factory job but I'm not sure.
    • Above each drop out is a triangular hollow/cutout area. I think the 2001 PK has this.
    • Fizik Arione Tri Wing Flex seat.

I've been using web.archive.org to look through cervelo's old websites to find images and specs on the different years. Here are some models that resemble it (but all have slight differences to mine):

2001 P2K:
    2007/2008 P2 SL:
    Alu frame: https://m.imgur.com/a/W2ok1jP
  • 05-25-2018 6:46 PM In reply to

• escot
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-23-2018
    • SF
    • Posts 2

Re: Help identifying an early aluminum frame with 4 digit serial

Adrian from cervelo customer service replied and said it is a P2K likely from 2001-2002. And was super quick and helpful -- thank you Adrian.

I'm going to use their old website to try to decide which components I should get: Their 2001 website

If anyone has advice on where to find components for this, I'm all ears! I would not mind getting newer parts if that's possible. Otherwise I'll go searching on ebay. Thank you in advance.

Alu frame: https://m.imgur.com/a/W2ok1jP
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2007-2013 Cervélo Cycles Inc. All rights reserved.