in

R3 - Front Derailleur Hanger Rivets

Last post 08-13-2018 9:10 PM by Rideurbike. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-10-2018 12:14 PM

• rurouni
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-30-2011
    • Richmond Hill
    • Posts 6

R3 - Front Derailleur Hanger Rivets

Hi everyone, Need some help, i think my rivets for my front derailleur are coming out and I am seeing some cracking above them. Would this be a warranty claim? Here are some pics https://flic.kr/s/aHsmoLqcax
    2013 R3 SRAM Red
  • 07-16-2018 10:05 AM In reply to

Re: R3 - Front Derailleur Hanger Rivets

1)Are you the original owner with your receipt?

2)I had an R3 Warranty replaced when I was riding and 'snap' and the FD mount came loose and had a big crack a bit bigger than your pic. I also had a crack forming around the Bottom bracket area. I paid a few $ and got the newest frame. Definitely tell the person at the dealer, 'If they will warranty replace it, get me options and costs on a newer frame option'. DON'T wait to ask that after submission.

Have your dealer take pictures and submit it. 

Hope this helps!

Jeff

2014 R3 DA9070(Di2)Zipp404Firecrest Carbon Clinchers, Powertap SL+-SoCal
    2010 P2 DA/Ultegra-SoCal Zipp808 Firecrest Carbon Clinchers, Zipp Super 9 Carbon Clincher Disc
    Zipp 202 Firecrest Carbon Clinchers
    Speciaized Roubaix PRO DA-Maui
    Bike Friday-AirFriday- Kona and Honolulu
    Pivot 2015 Mach 4 Carbon (27.5) M9000 XTR Reynolds Black Label XC wheels.
  • 07-17-2018 12:38 AM In reply to

You paid extra for an updated frame? I don't think they would send him a 2013 frame.
  • 07-17-2018 6:57 AM In reply to

I just went through this with my S5. The crack that I thought was only in the clear coat was actually a crack in the top tube and most likely the cause behind the excessive extreme speed wobble going downhill I'd experience. I was given the option of a 2018 S5 or S3 and as I'd wanted an S3 way back when I got my S5, I went with the S3. It took about a week for it to arrive from Toronto. I had to pay some towards it because it wasn't a manufacturing defect. They referred to it as a customer loyalty program, all in all it was very easy.
    Jens Voigt doesn't complain about what suffering does to him, but suffering constantly complains about getting picked on by Jens Voigt.
  • 07-20-2018 2:40 PM In reply to

• rurouni
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-30-2011
    • Richmond Hill
    • Posts 6

Thanks for the reply guys. I am the original owner. However, I can't find my receipt! I had a previous claim submitted that didn't go through and misplaced the receipt. I've check with my dealer to see if they can pull up my purchase from 2013 but they changed systems (bummer) Has anyone been successful in submitting a claim without the receipt? I'm hoping the can piggyback off my previous claim. If anything, if i have to pay for a newer frame at a discounted price i would be good with that. Update though... definitely coming out of the frame, couldn't change to my big ring last weekend.
    2013 R3 SRAM Red
  • 07-24-2018 4:26 PM In reply to

Take a look at your older Credit card bills, if you can find a receipt, that plus what your dealer may have should give the dealer enough to produce a receipt. Also, your dealer, if they processed a previous warranty, should have that data, as should Cervelo referencing your current serial number, since I understand it was a warranty replacement...

Hope these thoughts help..

Jeff

2014 R3 DA9070(Di2)Zipp404Firecrest Carbon Clinchers, Powertap SL+-SoCal
    2010 P2 DA/Ultegra-SoCal Zipp808 Firecrest Carbon Clinchers, Zipp Super 9 Carbon Clincher Disc
    Zipp 202 Firecrest Carbon Clinchers
    Speciaized Roubaix PRO DA-Maui
    Bike Friday-AirFriday- Kona and Honolulu
    Pivot 2015 Mach 4 Carbon (27.5) M9000 XTR Reynolds Black Label XC wheels.
  • 08-13-2018 9:10 PM In reply to

I got my frame replaced under warranty without a receipt S1. The bike store that I bought it from 5 years before vouched for me they had a good working relationship with the Cervelo rep. Very good by Cervelo to cover it
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2007-2013 Cervélo Cycles Inc. All rights reserved.