in

New S3 - Thanks Jakub & Adrian at Cervelo

Last post 07-11-2018 9:07 AM by jakes. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-11-2018 7:38 AM

New S3 - Thanks Jakub & Adrian at Cervelo

6 years ago this past weekend my Madone 5.2 OCLV left this world due to the abhorrent driving of a young girl. I walked away from the ER that day and 2 months later the 2012 S5 that her insurance didn't want to, but eventually did pay for (thanks Progressive) was picked up and off I rode. From day 1 it did not descend in a stable manor. Turns out that somewhere along the way from Toronto to my house the top tube got cracked due to something hitting it. Now, not to point fingers but the lesson learned is to immediatley point something out to the LBS or Mfg. Long story short the exceedingly scary speed wobble I experienced was a result of that crack. In doing the Crank the Kanc on my R3 this year and descending so solidly with a 30mph avg that I didn't need brakes made me realize something was truly wrong. Long story short I sent the S5 back at the end of June and yesterday took home my fully built up 2018 S3. Funny thing is that back in July 2011, I wanted a S3 but they'd been discontinued because of the S5. It only took 6 years for me to get the bike I really wanted lol. I stripped all the components off the S5 to put on the S3: Zipp 404 FCCC Arundel Mandible Bottle Cages 3T Arc II Stem & Ergonova Carbon bar SRAM Red 10 spd SRAM Force FD SRAM Force 10 Spd 11x28 cassette Rotor 3D+ cranks Praxxis Chainrings Speedplay zero pedals This bike was so much fun to ride into work this morning.
    Jens Voigt doesn't complain about what suffering does to him, but suffering constantly complains about getting picked on by Jens Voigt.
  • 07-11-2018 9:07 AM In reply to

• jakes
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-05-2014
    • Posts 51

Re: New S3 - Thanks Jakub & Adrian at Cervelo

That's one good looking S3. I rode one for 3 years and it was one of my favorite bikes. Light, stiff and fast when you want it to be! Enjoy the ride!
    Jakub Macel
    Digital Communication Advocate
    Cervelo
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2007-2013 Cervélo Cycles Inc. All rights reserved.