in

S3 front mech cable

Last post 08-02-2018 3:07 PM by sausskross. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-02-2018 5:39 AM

S3 front mech cable

Just bought S3 and noticed the cable for the front mech comes through a hole in the frame, should this hole not have a kind of grommet to stop either the cable rubbing through or the frame being damaged??
  • 08-02-2018 8:28 AM In reply to

Re: S3 front mech cable

Welcome to the forum,

.. there should be a housing (liner) around the shift cable from the bb cable guide to that hole .. may be it is slipped .. check at the bb cable guide and lower the tension of the cable (fd on the small chain ring and press it by hand) to be able to move back the housing ..
    ___/\___/\___/\___ the surfboard of the Kurpfalz is the road bike .. oSo >> Older, and faster, on my S5 ..
  • 08-02-2018 12:09 PM In reply to

I’ll have a look, thanks. 👍🏻
  • 08-02-2018 3:07 PM In reply to

.. you are welcome .. if you find none, put one on the shift cable from the fd side .. the housing should be long enough to go a bit into the down tube to prevent dirt coming from the front wheel and a few millimeters out of that hole .. be careful not to split the cable after opening the clamp screw and to place the shift cable correct before clamping again ..
    ___/\___/\___/\___ the surfboard of the Kurpfalz is the road bike .. oSo >> Older, and faster, on my S5 ..
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2007-2013 Cervélo Cycles Inc. All rights reserved.