in

OSPW Help

Last post 08-17-2018 4:28 PM by ranger052. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-16-2018 3:22 PM

OSPW Help

Hi guys, I recently installed an OSPW and ever since my chain is dropping from the big chairing in the crankset. My bike specs are as follow Rotor InPower 52/36 DA 9070 DA Cassette 11/25 KMC Chain . I already visited multiple shops and even contacted ceramic speed and no one seems to find a solution, basically what happens is that when I am on the Big chainring ( Front ) and the big cog ( back ) if at that point I shift down ( rear ) the chain drops ( front ) into the frame and it already made an scratch :( . Some people are telling me it is because the rotor crankset and I have to agree that I have seem many cases in which any cervelo with Rotor Cranks show the same issue I ma having but the weird thing is that if I put back the original pulley system I get no issues, issue is only when I put the CeramicSpeed OSPW. . Any advise please? . Thank you guys
    S5 2016 MTN Qhubeka Team Edition
    S5 2014 WWD DA Di2
  • 08-16-2018 5:16 PM In reply to

• Kookie
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2012
    • Toronto
    • Posts 431

Re: OSPW Help

Not sure if you done this already...just a thought, would the chain have to be 1 or 2 links longer when installing OSPW ???

From the Ceramic Speed Web Site: Do I need a new chain if I install the OSPW System? Due to the oversized pulley wheels and the need for a longer chain, we recommend installing a new, uncut chain. We do not recommend using additional links to an existing chain.

2013 Cervelo R5 SRAM Red
    2017 Cervelo S5 SRAM eTap
    2018 Cervelo R5 Classics Edition Limited Frameset
  • 08-16-2018 5:24 PM In reply to

Hi, YEs I am running new chain and is longer :) Ceramic Speed already verified this with me jeje.. Not sure what else to do :(
    S5 2014 WWD DA Di2
  • 08-17-2018 7:13 AM In reply to

So not sure if this will help or not, but this spring I put SRAM Red 22 on my R3. At the time I kept my Rotor 3D+ compact crank on the bike. However I was having bad performance. I spoke with SRAM who said it was the Rotor crankset being designed for a 10 speed and not 11 speed. I spoke with my trusty mechanic at Landry's in Natick and he confirmed what SRAM said. So I went and got the the only SRAM Red 22 crank available for a BBright frame and viola, the performance issues vanished. There was something about the spacing between the chain rings that was the problem. It was a minor variation that created a hassle. Thus maybe you need the DA crank as well?
    Jens Voigt doesn't complain about what suffering does to him, but suffering constantly complains about getting picked on by Jens Voigt.
  • 08-17-2018 4:28 PM In reply to

H guys, Issue is now resolved :) The issue was the the rear hanger, it was bent!!!!!, my local shop fixed the hanger and now all is good :)
    S5 2014 WWD DA Di2
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2007-2013 Cervélo Cycles Inc. All rights reserved.