in

Cervelo S5 Disc weight

Last post 10-17-2018 6:54 PM by rider2. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-12-2018 1:07 PM

Cervelo S5 Disc weight

I see the new S5 frame is 975g in a 56. Anyone know what the new fork weights. Also interested to know what weight the front cockpit is the AB08 handlebar (in a standard width 42 maybe) and the V stem. Just curious! All parts I can't exchange but just trying to see where my weight will come in compared to my present ride.
    COR Co-organizer 2015
    2010 Cannondale Rush MTB
    Kona Jake The Snake Cross bike
    2011 Cervelo R3 Red - sold
    2013 Cervelo S5 Red
    2014 Cervelo S3 Red 22
  • 10-17-2018 4:02 PM In reply to

• m66
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-29-2014
    • Posts 32

Re: Cervelo S5 Disc weight

From the white papers. Unfortunately it doesn't have any weight for the stem, bar, post etc..but the fork seems pretty light considering the aero improvements plus the move to disc. "The project goal to maintain or reduce frame weight was not a simple one. The external steerer fork, disc brake mounts, and increased torsional inertia stiffness all contributed weight, so it was necessary to reduce frame weight just to prevent a net weight increase. For example, the addition of the external steerer to the fork increased the fork weight slightly, by 7 grams, over the 2014 S5 fork. Even so, the aerodynamic and system stiffness advantages of the external steerer fork made the decision to use it an easy one. Using all of our previous experience with making the world’s lightest bikes, the R5ca and its successor the Rca, we reduced the overall frame weight of the new S5 by almost 100 grams: from 1067 to 975 grams (white-painted 56cm qualification frame, without metal parts). The result is an S5 that is lighter than all previous versions, even while offering all the advances that have already been described."
  • 10-17-2018 6:54 PM In reply to

Re: Cervelo S5 Disc weight

Appreciate the reply m66 good of you. Just in the process of purchasing a new S5 frame which I'm building out with Dura Ace mechanical in an attempt to build a light function ride for myself. Presently on a 2016 S3 that's fairly optimized both aero (3T aeronova Tri rig front brake) and weight wise running tubulars 44F/55R on a 14 lb bike build. In real life I ran an engineering company so the new S5 really appeals to me on many fronts and it would appear that you boys and girls did a stellar job of regaining the high ground with this bike. Thats why I'm buying. Trying to hit 14.6 to 14.8 lbs for a 54" which I will do although I wish I could build lighter. I know the benefit of an aero frame having bought my first S5 in 2011 after having a R3. Its a slam dunk. Riding with our fast club group in a area with relatively long climbs weight is important to me if only in my head LOL. Just trying to build an all around ride that can ride flat and climb with the best. To me thats the goal of aero build.
    COR Co-organizer 2015
    2010 Cannondale Rush MTB
    Kona Jake The Snake Cross bike
    2011 Cervelo R3 Red - sold
    2013 Cervelo S5 Red
    2014 Cervelo S3 Red 22
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2007-2013 Cervélo Cycles Inc. All rights reserved.