in

Should Cervelo Keep Production Totals Proprietary Even 12 Years After a Model is No Longer Produced?

Last post 09-13-2019 5:07 PM by Pedal Master. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-12-2019 4:49 PM

Should Cervelo Keep Production Totals Proprietary Even 12 Years After a Model is No Longer Produced?

I inquired with Cervelo customer service to learn how many Cervelo Carbon Soloist were produced. There bikes had a limited run of 2007-2008. Their response was that production figure was "proprietary and classified". How can such dated information still be proprietary and of any commercial benefit to anyone other than an owner of such a bike to know how many were originally produced?
  • 09-12-2019 7:21 PM In reply to

• brendanh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-27-2017
    • Sydney
    • Posts 5

Re: Should Cervelo Keep Production Totals Proprietary Even 12 Years After a Model is No Longer Produced?

I don't know the answer to your question, but my first thoughts were whether they'd actually know/retain this type of information? Maybe saying that this is proprietary is a better way than saying "we forget"?
  • 09-13-2019 5:07 PM In reply to

Re: Should Cervelo Keep Production Totals Proprietary Even 12 Years After a Model is No Longer Produced?

I think it is more of an attitude of "not wanting to be bothered" to collect and process such information. Determinations would have to be made when model productions end, and at what point would production figures no longer be of benefit to competitive manufacturers. Heck, Cervelo has enough trouble managing serial numbers of the bikes they produce. They have no record of my particular serial number, passing it off as one that slipped through their Quality Control.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2007-2013 Cervélo Cycles Inc. All rights reserved.