in

Crown Race on R3 Forks

Last post 08-04-2020 7:53 PM by sausskross. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-27-2020 7:57 AM

Crown Race on R3 Forks

Hi all, I had a 2016 R3 which was replaced for a 2019 R3 through warranty. The new bike was built with parts from the old, but the headset is a different size (lower bearing changes from 1 3/8 to 1 1/2). This meant I had to purchase a new headset, but when installing I noticed there is no crown race. Do these forks use a crown race or do they sit directly on the lower bearing? I am particularly interested in the 2019 but assume its the same for the 2016, because I don't see a crown race in any case. The doubt arises because the Cervelo fork owner manual does mention a crown race and crown race installation tool being needed. Just note, the local bike shop built the new bike, but the fork was loose, so I checked and noticed the headset was a different standard, so changing it myself now. Thanks for any help and guidance!
  • 08-04-2020 7:53 PM In reply to

Re: Crown Race on R3 Forks

.. do you have one of these manuals .. https://www.cervelo.com/en/product-manuals ..

.. the R3 2019 headsets are FSA IS2 1-1/8 x 1-1/2 drop in bearings for taperd forks .. just ad some white lightning crystal grease [not carbon paste with sand ore grease for bearings] at their seat ..
    ___/\___/\___/\___ the surfboard of the Kurpfalz is the road bike .. oSo >> Older, and faster, on my S5 ..
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2007-2013 Cervélo Cycles Inc. All rights reserved.