in

R3 Geometry & SRAM Red 22 Specs

Last post 10-04-2020 1:27 PM by cawright1375. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-04-2020 1:27 PM

R3 Geometry & SRAM Red 22 Specs

Does anyone else here have a 2013 era R3 running SRAM Red 22 with a yaw front derailleur? I've been in touch with the head of SRAM tech support and we've deduced that the R3 seat post and chainstays fall aside of the frame specifications that SRAM have. The chainstay is right at the lower limit and I while I was able to get the shim to get the angle of the FD sorted, it appears that the chainstays are too short and thus the yaw set up won't work. I've had multiple shops work on this and am quite frustrated to be honest. What I am wondering now is how widely known or experienced an issue is this? And is anyone else dealing with this and if you've got it sorted what did you do? The FD has a tab on the interior of the cage that is basically limiting the amount of space within the cage and this point if I can file it down I will. SRAM is standing by their defense of the Yaw as solving a problem - ie., trim feature, but to my mind the trim feature wasn't in need of solving. thanks
    Jens Voigt doesn't complain about what suffering does to him, but suffering constantly complains about getting picked on by Jens Voigt.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2007-2013 Cervélo Cycles Inc. All rights reserved.