in

R3 Cross Availability?

Last post 09-19-2019 4:52 AM by Rob Kersten. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-17-2007 5:06 PM

R3 Cross Availability?

Any idea when it will be available?

• 08-18-2007 5:12 PM In reply to

• gerard
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-01-2007
    • Neuchatel
    • Posts 148

Re: R3 Cross Availability?

We have no plans to take it into production right now, too busy with other things.

Gerard Vroomen
    blog.gerard.cc
  • 08-24-2007 8:27 AM In reply to

gerard, would that include a new frame? maybe for sportives? a little bird (Cycling Weekly 23rd August) let it slip!

• 08-24-2007 10:43 AM In reply to

• gerard
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-01-2007
    • Neuchatel
    • Posts 148

Parkster:

gerard, would that include a new frame? maybe for sportives? a little bird (Cycling Weekly 23rd August) let it slip!

If several Team CSC members are "sportives", then sure. If not, then I am afraid that as usual, the bike industry and their pundits are rusted shut in their pre-conceived notions of what constitutes a certain type of bike.

Gerard Vroomen
    blog.gerard.cc
  • 08-24-2007 10:58 AM In reply to

Thanks Gerard.

• 08-24-2007 11:40 AM In reply to

thanks, gerard. shame about the cross version although i guess cross is still a niche (if emerging niche) market. and that's CW told!!!! 

• 11-13-2007 9:20 PM In reply to

Aw man!  The R3 'Cross would be the most bad @$$ 'cross bike ever!  I know its crazy to juggle another ball when you have resources focused on other more important projects.  I really do hope you do eventually produce a 'cross bike. 

Even if the customer is not a 'cross racer, I explain that a 'cross bike makes a great second bike to have.  Around here there are tons of paths, some road, some dirt.  Even some single track.  Connect it all, and you have a really fun ride.  Plus they're great for winter riding when grime/slush is all over the road and you don't wanna get your top bike messy.     

Cyclocross racing is really taking off in the US.  Fields are bigger and bigger.  Equipment is nicer and nicer.  I've seen the explosion of high end aero & carbon equipment in triathlon over the past 10-12 years...  Cyclocross racing is beginning its own equipment upgrading.  I'm seeing more and more high end bikes, wheelsets, and Dugast tubulars.  Even at the 'local' races!  I guess now that Jonathan Page is no longer with Cervelo, the R3 Cross is put on the backburner for now, eh?   

• 11-14-2007 3:50 AM In reply to

allezjohn:

Aw man!  The R3 'Cross would be the most bad @$$ 'cross bike ever!  I know its crazy to juggle another ball when you have resources focused on other more important projects.  I really do hope you do eventually produce a 'cross bike. 

Even if the customer is not a 'cross racer, I explain that a 'cross bike makes a great second bike to have.  Around here there are tons of paths, some road, some dirt.  Even some single track.  Connect it all, and you have a really fun ride.  Plus they're great for winter riding when grime/slush is all over the road and you don't wanna get your top bike messy.     

Cyclocross racing is really taking off in the US.  Fields are bigger and bigger.  Equipment is nicer and nicer.  I've seen the explosion of high end aero & carbon equipment in triathlon over the past 10-12 years...  Cyclocross racing is beginning its own equipment upgrading.  I'm seeing more and more high end bikes, wheelsets, and Dugast tubulars.  Even at the 'local' races!  I guess now that Jonathan Page is no longer with Cervelo, the R3 Cross is put on the backburner for now, eh?   

would be bad???? it is baddd!! haha here is a pic from SLedoux

• 09-19-2019 4:52 AM In reply to

I am a happy owner of a Cervelo R3 CROSS. I Bought the frame in Belgium. Jonathan Page cycle crosser was the owner.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Copyright © 2007-2013 Cervélo Cycles Inc. All rights reserved.