in

Cervélo P2 vs Orbea Ora

Last post 01-09-2009 3:53 PM by sam. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-09-2009 1:08 PM

Cervélo P2 vs Orbea Ora

A friend of mine is looking to buy a tribike.  She has narrowed it down to two bike, the Cervélo P2 and the Orbea Ora.  Does anyone have any input on how these two bikes stacks up against each other?

2006 P2SL w/DA
    2014 GiantTLC
  • 01-09-2009 1:48 PM In reply to

• sam
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-08-2007
    • St. Louis
    • Posts 835

Re: Cervélo P2 vs Orbea Ora

ora, knockoff of the p3c.  Not very aero in regards to many bikes.  The p2c would be the faster bike.  Assuming that she does not have a fitting issue on either bike, the p2c is going to be the better choice.  Really I feel you can answer this question by looking at how many people choose cervelo over orbea in the triathlon scene.

Sam
    Peloton Cyclery
    www.pelotoncyclery.com
  • 01-09-2009 2:45 PM In reply to

Thanks.  One cannot really answer the question based on the number of people choosing one specific brand though.  Sometimes people choose the brand that is popular at the moment, like the Bianchi in the 80's and Trek in the 90's.  I'm not saying I don't agree with you, mind you.  Just that it is best to read the specs and get input from those who have actually ridden the bike and can make an informed review on it.

2006 P2SL w/DA
    2014 GiantTLC
  • 01-09-2009 3:53 PM In reply to

• sam
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-08-2007
    • St. Louis
    • Posts 835

machiavelo, you are one hundred percent right, and I almost did not make that comment based upon that fact.  Trek and specialized are a great example they sell piss loads of bikes, and Im not saying they dont make some nice bikes, but it is all their names that sell many of them. 

The only reason I did make the comment is it is my beliefe that triathlon is the one area where at least the products speak for themselves.  Triathalets are one finicky crowd, they tend to be very educated, very gear involved, very techy, some times to smart for there own good.  If a product is not very well respected they tend to not use it, and if it is very well respected they use the crap out of it.  And when you have sponsored riders from other brands riding cervelo's for their important events it says alot, not to mention the flocks of very well educated atheletes who are not sponsored but choose them. 

Of course even in triathelets you have trends, and popularity contest, but for the most part like I said I think it is the one crowd where a product really has to speak for itself.  So it is the only area in my shop where I use popularity as part of my decision factor when ordering product, where normally I dont look at popularity at all, and only I focus on the product and only I make a decision to buy it for the store.

All that being said the Ora is not as aero, and I tend to think most of their bikes are more glam then performance

Sam
    Peloton Cyclery
    www.pelotoncyclery.com
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2007-2013 Cervélo Cycles Inc. All rights reserved.