in

Cervelo TestTeam Winter Jacket on eBay

Last post 11-16-2009 12:32 PM by dkane. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-16-2009 10:36 AM

• dkane
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-16-2009
    • Guelph, ON
    • Posts 12

Cervelo TestTeam Winter Jacket on eBay

Hi folks, 

I am curious if anyone has experience with this seller and item on eBay. It is a great price for the jacket if it is in fact good enough for winter:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280416371551&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks,

• 11-16-2009 11:00 AM In reply to

Re: Cervelo TestTeam Winter Jacket on eBay

It's an obvious fake due to the price and location sold (Taiwan).  If you're OK with that, it is a good price.  Beside it not being an original Castelli, I just don't trust anything/anyone selling out of Singapore, Phillipines, Taiwan, etc. 

Beyond the Forum Participant - 2014

'08 SLT (RIP)
    '10 R3 (RIP)
    '11 R3 Team - SRAM Red
  • 11-16-2009 11:15 AM In reply to

• dkane
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-16-2009
    • Guelph, ON
    • Posts 12

I agree it is probably a fake but here is what I do not get (and excuse me if this is naive) but if it is a fake, why does Castelli or Cervelo try and shut them down. I know they cannot stop all the fakes but a least the eBay ones since they are so easy to find....

• 11-16-2009 11:57 AM In reply to

There's no doubt it's a fake.  I believe the reason Cervelo/Castelli and other corporations don't go after them is twofold.  I don't think the the laws that govern trademarks/patents are the same or as easily enforceable in those countries.  Any law(s) broken likely occurs when they ship said item and it enters the USA.  However, it probably isn't worth the time, effort, and $$ to go after them. 

Compare the jersey from PBK in this link with the one on ebay and you can see the differences.  Enlarge the photo on PBK and compare it closely side by side with the fake.  

Beyond the Forum Participant - 2014

'08 SLT (RIP)
    '10 R3 (RIP)
    '11 R3 Team - SRAM Red
  • 11-16-2009 12:32 PM In reply to

• dkane
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-16-2009
    • Guelph, ON
    • Posts 12

Huge difference. Thanks for the link.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2007-2013 Cervélo Cycles Inc. All rights reserved.