in

New Cervelo S5

Last post 10-03-2017 4:07 AM by sausskross. 132 replies.
Page 8 of 9 (133 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-25-2015 10:05 AM In reply to

Re: New Cervelo S5

Please can someone provide a link to the new S5 white paper that was promised at launch?
  • 04-25-2015 11:19 AM In reply to

Chevelo:
    Please can someone provide a link to the new S5 white paper that was promised at launch?
    There is the White Paper from the S5 launched 2011 yet only ..

• 06-14-2015 12:50 AM In reply to

Riding this rocket since february this cycling season on the new S5 is just awesome. Last time I rode that much during late winter & spring was 25 years before (good luck I can use the hours before I go to work) and speed output makes my buddies believe something is wrong with them. Sometimes it feels like cheating but in summary it is invested competence I say to my self to cope with being more relaxed at speed. Uphill everything is true, I don't stop at the peak to keep the average speed on the display high (there is not such a thing on my bike anymore), I do a turn more to meet & motivate my buddies and see myself start asking the faster groups in the region (younger & older racers), if I can join them .. oSo >>
  • 06-14-2015 10:13 AM In reply to

sausskross:
    Riding this rocket since february this cycling season on the new S5 is just awesome. Last time I rode that much during late winter & spring was 25 years before (good luck I can use the hours before I go to work) and speed output makes my buddies believe something is wrong with them.

I love your enthusiam sausskross! I wish I had signed up for a demo ride on the new S5 at the COR Canada event... I rode it briefly and it felt "rocketish."

I believe you would be a perfect go-to guy/rider marshall/local expert if we were fortunate enough to hold a Cervelo Owners Ride in Europe... you may just have to "cool your jets" though. ; - )  Keep blasting off!

• 06-14-2015 5:45 PM In reply to

Thank You, Hutch! There is a Cervélo Fan Group on FB in Germany sharing posts with about 260 members spread at the country with some local groups. I joined them january this year .. https://www.facebook.com/groups/344143602314491/ .. In addition I got a good contact person at Cervélo Europe during my order. Here in Germany it is harder and much more unusual to bridge even relative short distances than comparable very big ones in northern America. Many Customers still wait for the delivery of their new S5, at Gran Fondos I didn't see a second one and in the FB Group are 4 posted yet. But time is on the side of occasions ..
  • 07-06-2015 8:46 PM In reply to

With a 2 position replacement seat post the new S5 looks even more stream lined, as far as I can see ••
  • 07-23-2015 10:07 AM In reply to

The rides with Luzié are getting so fast, after 10 years I mounted a speedo again .. oSo >>

.. in the color of my new cycling shoes, great!

• 08-03-2015 8:49 PM In reply to

Costumer Road Story .. Older, and faster, on my S5

Kandelhof

Lunch at the Kandelhof was a fair-trade-off, the photo was probably taken a little too shortly thereafter but I love it .. oSo >>.

• 08-03-2015 9:52 PM In reply to

• apwndwest
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-11-2014
    • Vancouver, British Columbia
    • Posts 261

sausskross:

Costumer Road Story .. Older, and faster, on my S5

Kandelhof

Lunch at the Kandelhof was a fair-trade-off, the photo was probably taken a little too shortly thereafter but I love it .. oSo >>.

Nice bike, nice jersey
    2014 R3 (Hills bike)
    2012 Roubaix SL3 (Endurance bike)
  • 08-16-2015 10:20 PM In reply to

• eiji
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-29-2014
    • Posts 1

Anyone has photos of their handlebars, trying to figure out how to mount some accessories on the handlebar like lights and Garmin 910
  • 08-17-2015 1:43 PM In reply to

Welcome tto the forum, eiji!. To mount lights on the aero handlebar and aero seat post using rubber bands is the easiest way. To mount a garmin check .. http://www.racewaredirect.co/shop/garmin-310910-xt-mount-for-cervelo-s5/
  • 08-28-2015 2:20 PM In reply to

18k in 6 months & so happy with Luzié .. oSo >>

• 08-28-2015 2:45 PM In reply to

• apwndwest
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-11-2014
    • Vancouver, British Columbia
    • Posts 261

sausskross:

18k in 6 months & so happy with Luzié .. oSo >>

How do you average 100K per day for 180 days? Not doubting what you say in any way at all, just trying to see how I would have the time to do half that mileage.

2014 R3 (Hills bike)
    2012 Roubaix SL3 (Endurance bike)
  • 08-28-2015 2:54 PM In reply to

Hi apwndwest,

hm, this season began in mid february with sunrise at around 7am. I didn't know ore plan what will happen when the new S5 arrives. Riding 2hours in the morning before work was the initiation, later 3hours, one day off started getting hard, a day off work gave & gives another 7-8hours. My luck is in deed making use of this time and my body remembering what he did 25 years before. The best time to ride is the time before starting to work, for me at 10am .. oSo >>

p.s. km not mi
  • 09-28-2015 1:45 AM In reply to

End of season, 20k+, tons of fresh air, beautiful impressions & views. My buddies, me and some much younger & lighter riders had a lot of fun. Now we are rolling relaxed into autumn, with this year achievements laying out aims for next year .. oSo >>
Page 8 of 9 (133 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next >
Copyright © 2007-2013 Cervélo Cycles Inc. All rights reserved.