in

Hidden motors in bikes

Last post 01-31-2017 6:51 AM by cawright1375. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-29-2017 11:05 PM

• 1UCLAman
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-25-2011
    • Pico Rivera, CA
    • Posts 156

Hidden motors in bikes

I was watching 60 Minutes on CBS tonight (1-29-2017) and the topic of hidden motors in bikes came up. Wow! Its a must watch!!! Here are some "teaser" words: Lance Armstrong and Team Sky. That's all I will say. :-) Did anyone else catch it?!?! Here is the link to the episode:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-hidden-magnets-the-next-big-cheat-in-cycling/

There is another short 60 minute segment of motors in the rim here:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-hidden-magnets-the-next-big-cheat-in-cycling/

Enjoy!

2010 S1 with full SRAM Red gruppo and Williams S58 wheelset. Zipp Service Course SL Stem and Zipp SL Bar, Fizik Antares VS saddle. Zipp bottle cages.

2014 Beyond the Forum Participant
  • 01-30-2017 12:24 PM In reply to

Re: Hidden motors in bikes

They are wondering why Team Sky TT bikes are heavier .. hey, they have Pinarellos ..
    ___▲___▲___▲___ the surfboard of the Kurpfalz is the road bike .. oSo >>
  • 01-31-2017 6:51 AM In reply to

Re: Hidden motors in bikes

sausskross:
    They are wondering why Team Sky TT bikes are heavier .. hey, they have Pinarellos ..
    I've not seen the segment but when I saw that Sky's Pinarello's were coming in heavier I was not surprised. Not because I believe they are cheating, but having demo'd a Dogma when I pulled the trigger on my S5 back in 2011. Of all the bikes I tested, the Dogma was the absolute worst, it was heavy, sluggish and slow. It may look nice, but that is all it has going for it. Additionally, Fausto Pinarello has all but said that he sees no need for discs on high end bikes, which to me says that they rely more on their name/ brand then actual product development/ R&D. They stick with what has worked rather than try something new. And no names were mentioned in the piece too, which is disappointing. If the guy who developed it had the evidence he should have named the name of who bought it. I'll check it out at some point but it sounds like from everything I read it comes off as one of those is Nessie real shows. In other words, it has a lot of circumstantial evidence and lots of claims by experts but at the end of the show, there is no smoking gun listing names.
    Jens Voigt doesn't complain about what suffering does to him, but suffering constantly complains about getting picked on by Jens Voigt.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2007-2013 Cervélo Cycles Inc. All rights reserved.