in

P series seatpost lateral angle / misalignment

Last post 11-10-2017 8:46 AM by nohands. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-10-2017 8:46 AM

P series seatpost lateral angle / misalignment

I've recently changed my saddle on the 2014 P3 to an ISM, from a Fabric Tri saddle. After install I noticed the saddle looked a bit odd so checked the angle with a spirit level and the forward / back wards tilt was correct so gave it quick test ride and it didn't feel right still. Upon closer inspection the saddle was actually crooked laterally - the right side was lower than the left by 2/3mm. I know 2/3mm is a small amount I know it's enough to cause me problems in this area, in fact I'm thinking it might have contributed to some of the right hip issues I've had in the past. ISM in it's setup guide does say that this can be a problem, so I followed their instructions and it didn't make any difference. I checked the saddle angle again off the bike its ok when not mounted. I thought this might be an ISM specific issue due to the spilt nose design but I went back to my older Fabric saddle and when mounted that is misaligned as well. The lower (right) side is also the same side the allen head of the seatpost clamp is, when you tighten the bolt (to torque spec) you can see the saddle move slightly down as you do. So pretty sure the seatpost clamp is the cause of the problem, has anyone had similar issues with model of seatpost clamp?
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2007-2013 Cervélo Cycles Inc. All rights reserved.