in

R3 Disc and direct drive trainers

Last post 11-20-2017 12:53 PM by Alex. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-20-2017 12:53 PM

• Alex
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-07-2017
    • Posts 1

R3 Disc and direct drive trainers

Hi! Does anyone have any experience with using the 1st gen (2016) R3 Disc on a direct drive trainer? I recently bought an Elite Direto but I am experiencing some issues when trying to get the bike and the trainer hooked up. I'm wondering if the funky, outward off-set chainset would make the chain line difficult when mounted with a trainer? It certainly seems so, as it all seems less than smooth when hooked up.. I contacted Cervelo to inquire. They told me my bike has a 135mm O.L.D (over-lock-nut-distance), but I`m honestly not sure that is correct. I just measured it and it seems pretty obvious that my frame spacing is 142mm. Meaning, it should be compatible with the trainer, as the Direto is compatible with "Road, Mountain and city bikes (including carbon ones), with 130-135 x 5mm hubs and quick release and 142x12 with thru-axle". I have been able to mount the bike on the trainer and I'm able to get the wheel spinning, but as soon as I move to the outer cogs on the cassette, the chain either comes of the big chain ring or it feels super risky. I'm using a 11-28 cassette, while on my bike I use a 11-25. That shouldn't make a difference, though, should it? I'm running Ultegra Di2. I`m struggling to figure out if this is something that is linked to the bike and the way they designed the chainset to compensate for keeping the chain stays 405mm, or if this is user error / set up error on my part? One would think that the bike should be compatible with most trainers that accepts thru axles, or am I missing something here? Any input appreciated!
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2007-2013 Cervélo Cycles Inc. All rights reserved.