in

Shimano crank on P2

Last post 12-10-2017 10:51 AM by AlohaJC. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-04-2017 4:46 PM

Shimano crank on P2

Hi All, I need some help here. I am the proud owner of a P2 model 2015 which I love. What I don't love about it, is the FSA crank set up it has. I also own a 2011 S2 Wich has a Shimano crank and I have a stages power meter fitted on that. I would love to be able to swop the Stages between my bikes. Now I see that with the newer models P2 they gladly decided to fit standard Shimano cranks in combination with a BBB bbo 72 bottom bracket. There are also rotor conversion kit available I know of. On the one hand the BBB set seems to hard to get your hands on ( can find a Dutch webshop that has it) on the other I don't have much experience with unmounting and mounting press fit BB's In short, anyone has tips on what the best and easiest setup is? Will the BBB bbo fit in the older frames? And if it does can I fit a standard Shimano crank in that? Thanks in advance Mark
  • 12-10-2017 10:51 AM In reply to

Re: Shimano crank on P2

For BBRight frames, I believe the best bottom bracket available that has one side

press in and the other side thread in to that pressed in part is the Wheels MFG series.

http://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-brackets/bbright/bbright-out-bottom-brackets/bbrighttm-outboard-abec-3-bb-for-24mm-shimano-cranks-black.html

You will need the tool they make (cheap) or the kind of hard to find 'Mega EVO BB386 EVO' tool that fits the  tooling.(Expensive too, my LBS had only one)..

Best,

Jeff

2014 R3 DA9070(Di2)Zipp404Firecrest Carbon Clinchers, Powertap SL+-SoCal
    2010 P2 DA/Ultegra-SoCal Zipp808 Firecrest Carbon Clinchers, Zipp Super 9 Carbon Clincher Disc
    Zipp 202 Firecrest Carbon Clinchers
    Speciaized Roubaix PRO DA-Maui
    Bike Friday-AirFriday- Kona and Honolulu
    Pivot 2015 Mach 4 Carbon (27.5) M9000 XTR Reynolds Black Label XC wheels.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2007-2013 Cervélo Cycles Inc. All rights reserved.