in

2016 S2 and Di2 Help

Last post 04-08-2019 1:39 AM by \\\wes. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-06-2019 6:46 PM

• KevinA
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-29-2018
    • Posts 1

2016 S2 and Di2 Help

Hi Everyone I have a 2016 Cervelo S2 and I have recently bought the Shimano Ultegra R8050 Di2 11 Speed Groupset, my LBS has stated that the internal battery won't fit in the seat tube due to the aero diameters. I have heard that you can place the battery in the downtime with some foam/bubblewrap. Has anyone done this as another LBS has stated this might be possible but they need to remove my cranks to determine by bottom bracket. Im hoping the Di2 Groupset is possible for the bike. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks https://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-ultegra-r8050-di2-11-speed-groupset/
  • 04-08-2019 1:39 AM In reply to

Re: 2016 S2 and Di2 Help

The 2016 S3 (same frame as S2) had Di2 as a factory option, with the external battery mounted just above the bottom bracket on the down tube. The S3disc (2018 maybe) has the battery mounted in the down tube in a mount, and I believe is accessible from the access port just forward of the bottom bracket. There are multiple reports of people installing the internally battery in the seat tube with foam/bubble wrap in S3's, so I would think that is your best bet. It will not fit in the seat post, but just down in the seat tube with padding to keep it from moving around. Be sure to affix some type of string to the top so that you can easily get it back out if needed. You could possibly drop one down in the down tube trough the head tube opening with the fork removed, but getting it back out would be tough. I have a 2015 S3 and it is NOT possible to insert an internal battery through the access port on the bottom, and the bottom bracket is in a complete shell with no opening so that is no help. I think the best bet is in the seat tube. Hope that helps.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2007-2013 Cervélo Cycles Inc. All rights reserved.