in

2019 S3 Disc DI2 - maddening rattling noise - solved!

Last post 08-12-2019 12:57 AM by kervelo. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-09-2019 3:41 PM

2019 S3 Disc DI2 - maddening rattling noise - solved!

I've been on my new S3 disc for a month now and from the beginning have had the most annoying rattling noise coming somewhere from the rear triangle. It occurs pretty much any time I go over rough pavement or any type of pebble. Totally maddening. After a few trips to the LBS and trying a new wheel, removing the brake pads and calipers, re-greasing the seat post and seat clamps, checking the wheel hubs and cassette, we finally solved it today. It turns out that it's "simple" wire and cable chatter. We ended up solving it by stuffing a couple of small pieces of foam into the seat tube and down tube near the bottom bracket. I suppose we could have re-tied everything together and done it more elegantly but it solved the issue with really no weight penalty. I thought it might be nice to be aware of this issue if you have it. Here's to quiet riding again. Rod
  • 08-12-2019 12:57 AM In reply to

• kervelo
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-25-2007
    • 60° 24', 25° 06'
    • Posts 87

Re: 2019 S3 Disc DI2 - maddening rattling noise - solved!

The cable noise from the hydraulic brake lines is very disturbing. I have the same issue with my R3 disc. Luckily there are products for fixing that, for example from capgo: http://capgo.de/en/capgo-ol--noise-protection--2m_1111.html Unfortunately installing something like that is not easy without tearing apart the bike.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2007-2013 Cervélo Cycles Inc. All rights reserved.