in

Cervélo TestTeam 2010

Last post 01-12-2011 10:30 PM by THY. 304 replies.
Page 1 of 21 (305 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-23-2009 5:57 PM

Cervélo TestTeam 2010

Cervélo TestTeam readies for 2010 season
    Following their auspious debut season Cervélo TestTeam's men and women's riders, Sports Directors and management along with our TestTeam Partners gathered in Switzerland this past weekend to makes plans for the upcoming 2010 season. The men's team is shown here during their medical tests at the Swiss Crossklinik in Basel.

"Pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever."
  • 11-24-2009 1:14 PM In reply to

Re: Cervélo TestTeam 2010

Thor Hushovd race calendar 2010:
    8 - 24 January: Training Camp (Portugal)

3 - 7 February: Étoile de Bessèges (France)
    17 - 21 February: Volta ao Algarve (Portugal)
    27. February: Omloop Het Nieuwsblad (Belgium)
    28. February: Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne (Belgium)

10 - 16 March: Tirreno-Adriatico (Italy)
    20. March: Milano-Sanremo (Italy)
    27. March: E3 Prijs Vlaanderen (Belgium)

4. April: Ronde van Vlaanderen (Belgium)
    11. April: Paris-Roubaix (France)

14 - 16 May: Tour de Picardie (France)
    26 - 30 May: International Bayern Rundfahrt (Germany)

12 - 20 June: Tour de Suisse (Switzerland)
    27. June: National Championships, Men's Elite Road Race (Norway)

3 - 25 July: Le Tour de France (France)

This means no Giro d'Italia, Gent-Wevelgem or Amgen Tour of California for Thor Hushovd!

• 11-24-2009 1:26 PM In reply to

I don't believe this list is official or final ... I would treat it as rumour. I suspect CTT's team at the Tour of California will depend on who else commits to go. No top Italians will ride at the Tour of California, but all the big name Americans are already committed -  Armstrong, Leipheimer, Hincapie and Zabriskie. If Cavendish, Farrar and Boonen and other rivals for the Green Jersey commit to the Tour of California, I can't see Hushovd being prepared enough or satisfied with riding the Tour de Picardie. Its just a hunch, but I guess we'll see. 

• 11-24-2009 2:37 PM In reply to

It's a "Newsletter by Atle Kvålsvoll", and he is Hushovd's personal coach, so it is a "final list".
    I don't think it's a bad deal.. Hushovd would probably get some stage wins and confidence in Tour de Picardie, before the major races later on. While Cervélo TestTeam could send Theo Bos or Heinrich Haussler to AToC..

• 11-24-2009 3:14 PM In reply to

So be it ... but do you think Hushovd and CTT would turn down a chance to race head-to-head against Cavendish in at least one Stage Race before the TDF? Especially if there is another battle at Milano-San Remo. I guess it depends on what the majority of other top sprinters are doing (ToC or Giro or something else), but it would be good for CTT to test their mettle against the best sprint competition if they are serious about defending the Green Jersey. Cavendish is on an American team based in California. Plus he left the Tour of Missouri due to illness this year. Columbia and Cav might feel they owe the American cycling fans a ride in the ToC.

• 11-24-2009 4:42 PM In reply to

Interesting thoughts.

But remember there is a physical price to pay for trans-Atlantic trafvel, too...

• 11-24-2009 6:04 PM In reply to

d_1234:

Interesting thoughts.

But remember there is a physical price to pay for trans-Atlantic trafvel, too...

True ... but Lance Armstrong and Levi Leipheimer (and Simon Gerrans for that matter)  trained in Colorado for the TDF. I don't think it hurt Lance and Levi (who might have had a shot at a podium finish but broke his hand in a crash), plus there is over a 2 month break between the end of the ToC and the TDF.

• 11-24-2009 9:06 PM In reply to

After a hard spring (winning Paris-Roubaix :-) , a long time Dream of Thor Hushovd) and then a month of rest I think it's smart to start low.. Tour de Picardie and International Bayern Rundfahrt would be perfect to get some wins and confidence before meeting Cav in the last test before the Tour de France, the Tour de Suisse as he did this year.
    Of course no one is stopping Cav to participating in the races, Hushovd is participating in.. :-)

The quality of these races is good:
    Tour de Picardie; some of the sprinters that participated this year: Mattia Gavazzi, Robbie McEwen, Borut Bozic,
    Danilo Napolitano and Romain Feillu.
    International Bayern Rundfahrt; some of the sprinters that participated this year: André Greipel, Heinrich Haussler,
    Koldo Fernandez, Gerald Ciolek and Christopher Sutton.

• 11-27-2009 3:38 PM In reply to

cervélo P3C
    cervélo R3 SL
  • 11-27-2009 4:40 PM In reply to

Wow, that's a surprising news, what will happend to Thomas Campana?
    Is he let go?

Jogchum Theo (Joop) Alberda (Dutch Wikipedia)

• 11-27-2009 10:19 PM In reply to

YEAH! Joop is a Vinkeveener!

• 11-28-2009 2:25 PM In reply to

• 12-03-2009 11:52 AM In reply to

Haussler, Wegmann outline pre-season plans
    "As [I did] last winter in St. Moritz, I want to build my basic condition through cross-country skiing.”

Cross-country skiing?

• 12-03-2009 5:12 PM In reply to

• mudrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-23-2008
    • Finger Lakes NY
    • Posts 701

Back in the day, xc skiing was pretty popular as an off-season workout, especially in the big xc countries. A lot of domestic racers in the US, mostly those in New England, Wisconsin, and Colorado, did it to keep their cardio fitness and keep their mind fresh. Uses many of the same muscles, but your off a bike, so it gives the racer a mental break. It keeps your quads and glutes in shape, and your back. Katerina Nash (what a babe) raced XC for the Czech Republic. Paula Pezzo (another babe!) raced XC for Italy.
    Alex
  • 12-03-2009 11:38 PM In reply to

Competitive-cross-country skiers tend to have the highest VO2max (oxygen carrying/aerobic capacity) of any athletes. Much of the reason for this is that it works all large muscle groups (arms, legs, core), unlike cycling, which works mostly leg muscles.

Speed skating is another sport that complements cycling very nicely. There have been a few crossovers between speed skating and cycling. Eric Heiden (famous in your neck of the woods, mudrock, I once visited the track in Lake Placid track where he won his 5 gold medals in 1980)  won 5 Olympic gold medals and 7 world championships in speed skating in just 4 years. He then switched to professional cycling, became the US road champion, was a founding member of Team 7-11, and then had a career-ending crash in the 1986 Tour DeFrance. Among the women, Clara Hughes won 2 Olympic medals in cycling and 3 Olympic medals in speed skating. In 1988, Christa Rothenburger of East Germany is the only athlete to win gold medals in the summer and winter Olympics in same year (gold in cycling is Seoul, gold in speedskating in Calgary).

However, speed skating is much more technical than cross-country skiing (not just the skating, but efficient weight shifting,  momentum transfer and aerodynamic body positioning, so a fair bit of training and technique development is required). Also, it requires special facilities not available to many athletes.

Page 1 of 21 (305 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Copyright © 2007-2013 Cervélo Cycles Inc. All rights reserved.