in

2011 Models

Last post 07-15-2011 6:59 PM by d_1234. 169 replies.
Page 9 of 12 (170 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-31-2010 4:03 PM In reply to

Re: 2011 Models

Not so sure about that Astana blue. 

2017 Cervelo S3 Etap
    2012 R5 VWD DA
    2011 R5 Sram Red
  • 08-31-2010 4:09 PM In reply to

• Foggy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-18-2010
    • Posts 20

Garmin blue surely?! :o)

• 08-31-2010 4:16 PM In reply to

Yeah, that shade of blue (teal) doesn't do anything for me. Maybe it's the lighting in the picture or a one-off?

• 08-31-2010 4:45 PM In reply to

• Big Z
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-18-2009
    • Posts 52

The white and blue is a bit "euro trashy", but I think I like it!
  • 08-31-2010 4:52 PM In reply to

I thought about it being Garmin blue, but they'll likely go another step further by ruining their Cervelos with a plaid design.  Hopefully Cervelo's sponsorship agreement specifically prevents that from happening.  Of course, such terms would be subject to a nondisclosure agreement. 

2017 Cervelo S3 Etap
    2012 R5 VWD DA
    2011 R5 Sram Red
  • 08-31-2010 5:51 PM In reply to

But they come off as the heavy.  The pictures are out.  You can go to other cycling forums and see and read the brochure (although it's in French).  When they edit posts here, they get people angry.  We believe in freedom and the right to say things without oversight.

I understand wanting to make a big splash but that isn't going to happen. 

• 08-31-2010 8:05 PM In reply to

Has anything changed on th S1?

• 08-31-2010 9:00 PM In reply to

• tiger
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-07-2010
    • Posts 57

webmaster:

We are sorry that you seem put off by these "edits". However, this information was not supposed to be released until Eurobike and numerous people have broken non-disclosure agreements. Even the press honour these agreements and do not release the information we have provided them well in advance of our publically releasing the informaton. We honestly do not like doing this but other people have faithfully respected the disclosure agreements.

Hi Webmaster,

I understand the need to make a big splash at Eurobike and the need to respect non-disclosure agreements. However, once it has been leaked on the internet, it no longer makes any sense to edit the posts here in the Cervelo forum as we can easily do a Google search and find the information anyway. I would suggest that Cervelo put out the information here first on the official website which will please all loyal fans and Cervelo owners while generating the necessary "buzz", i.e. use the loyal Cervelo forum members to generate the "buzz" and spread the word. :-)

So, when will the official catalogue in English be released on the Cervelo website?

Cheers. 

• 08-31-2010 11:09 PM In reply to

• tiger
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-07-2010
    • Posts 57

Someone has even posted the catalogue on the Cervelo Facebook Wall!

I think Liberty Bikes won't be getting the Cervelo catalogue early again next year. :-)

• 08-31-2010 11:26 PM In reply to

• Moop
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-10-2009
    • Posts 3

http://liberty-bikes.fr/LB/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/CERVELO.pdf

Enjoy! or... I was about to buy a 2010 RS frameset in white on sale 5 days ago. I said: maybe I should wait for RS 2011

frame. But there isn't one. Or there is: exactly the same as 2010, no changes, only in white. But you have to buy a whole bike.

What a dissapointment. And the frame on sale is gone. I don't want to, but I will probably buy another brand...

Cervelo, if you don't care about the RS customers why even bother producing it?

• 08-31-2010 11:47 PM In reply to

The only thing stopping me from pulling the pin and buying the RS is the paint scheme is weak. The thing Cervelo should realize is the RS is a bike targeted at middle age folks like me who want to enjoy a sweet ride but don't care to be stretched out on a rack. I still have till the spring and since I'm a practical guy I still see the RS in my future but have you seen the Colnago CLX 2.0 frame or the Wilier Izoard.....I know they weigh a 100 or so grams more but again folks like me gain more by loosing 5 pounds. Looks matter. While I'm at it any clue given the bike comes built whether we'll have any groupo option....I'm hearing the RS will come with Rival.
  • 08-31-2010 11:50 PM In reply to

I could be wrong but I believe you can buy just frame?? maybe it is only the higher spec models that can be bought frame only...Don't quote me
    www.straightblacknosugar.tumblr.com
  • 09-01-2010 1:35 AM In reply to

• Moop
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-10-2009
    • Posts 3

Exactly, I want a sweet ride and the group, wheels and other goodies as I've imagined. Now I would have to put the parts down, sell them on Ebay or somewhere else and do a lot of things I don't want to or don't have the time for. But I think from a business or profit perspective Cervelo decided well. RS was probably taking too big piece from the R3 frameset cake, because it is cheaper, but still delivers. So now if you want frame only, you have to spend more and buy at least R3. If stock RS bike is what you want even better, they will make some money on the components too. They figured out people really didn't like 2010 silver/black color, and lately RS in white is selling better so they've left just white. Again cutting some expenses, but kinda leaving people with a "happier" color option. And they didn't apply any changes to RS because they invested a lot in development of R5ca and changes of R3, R3SL (R5), etc.      It might be economically efficient but not necessarily wise...

• 09-01-2010 4:33 AM In reply to

R3SL doesn't excists anymore, R3 is a brandnew frame (concept), also there comes an R5 at same (price) level as S3.
    Saw the new models on monday but can't reveal the photos for now. As today eurobike starts photos will be on internet very soon.
    Don't expect to much color changes, but I think most of them are nice (for me I think they shown a bit of class, not ordinary)

• 09-01-2010 9:51 AM In reply to

tiger:

webmaster:

We are sorry that you seem put off by these "edits". However, this information was not supposed to be released until Eurobike and numerous people have broken non-disclosure agreements. Even the press honour these agreements and do not release the information we have provided them well in advance of our publically releasing the informaton. We honestly do not like doing this but other people have faithfully respected the disclosure agreements.

Hi Webmaster,

I understand the need to make a big splash at Eurobike and the need to respect non-disclosure agreements. However, once it has been leaked on the internet, it no longer makes any sense to edit the posts here in the Cervelo forum as we can easily do a Google search and find the information anyway. I would suggest that Cervelo put out the information here first on the official website which will please all loyal fans and Cervelo owners while generating the necessary "buzz", i.e. use the loyal Cervelo forum members to generate the "buzz" and spread the word. :-)

So, when will the official catalogue in English be released on the Cervelo website?

Cheers. 

I agree.  The catalogue and pictures got posted at several sites.  When people wanted to share the pics here, their posts got "edited." 

Shouldn't loyal fans and owners be able to see the pictures before others, especially since they were out already?

Page 9 of 12 (170 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last »
Copyright © 2007-2013 Cervélo Cycles Inc. All rights reserved.